HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Familiar Scent

I was sick earlier this week, and awoke this morning feeling much more like myself (aka - coffee finally tasted good!).  The girls (and Kyle) have been gems over the past couple days, and I really wanted to do something extra special to let them know just how much I had appreciated their help and sweetness while I was under the weather. So, despite the lurching in my stomach and the near gag in my throat, I brought out the fingerpaints (my strong dislike for fingerpaint goes way back).  It took a below zero day in February for me to finally pull out those brightly colored paints, the giant sized paper, and Kyle's (equally giant) paintshirts.

But the look on their faces when I first started squirting that (SMELLY) paint onto paper plates was well worth it.  And to top it off, the look of awe as they haphazardly (Hadley) & tenatively (Piper) dipped that first finger into the ooey gooey wetness made it even better.  Our kitchen counters are now completely covered in drying masterpieces, the paintshirts are washing away in a load of laundry, and the scent (familiar but still pretty awful) of fingerpaint lingers in the air.  Just don't ask me to actually fingerpaint myself, or do paper-mache for that matter, ever. 






2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about this smell:)... although I WOULD like to hear the story behind how you came to not like the smell so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have no mess paints! They are paints that work kind of like markers as you squeeze the paint. However, you cannot replace them for finger paint. I bet the girls just loved this! LAURA E

    ReplyDelete