HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Surprise

We had a FUN Mother's Day surprise on Saturday... Grandma & Grandpa from Minnesota came for the day! Kyle & I actually knew that they were coming, so we were able to catch a little clip of the girls' suprised excitement when they first arrived at our door.    I missed Piper's crazy highstepping action all the way to the door, but you'll get the jist of their geniune happiness from this noisy clip.  Its hard to hear, but Piper is telling both Grandpa and Grandma to take off their coats! 














It was a huge blessing to have them here for the day.  And it was extra special for me to be able to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom.  There is nothing better than spending an afternoon with her.  Getting a real hug (versus a phone hug),  sipping a cup of coffee right next to her, laughing at old stories, laughing at new ones.  She is the best. 

Hadley had to show off her mad basketball skills while they were here, and apparently this is what basketball players wear in her world - legwarmers & a tanktop?






















Later that night, after my parents left, Kyle and the girls rallied around and helped me cover all of my hostas.  I sort of have a fondness for them, and I suppose it could be called an obsession (150 different varieties and counting) but whatever!  Thankfully we covered and 'put them all to bed' that night, as there was a pretty serious frost cover the next morning.

































 
 Who are those blue eyed blondies with me?  I actually had someone at the grocery store ask me if they were mine the other day!  I could not be more honored or humbled to be their mother.  God is so good, and I am so very, very thankful. 

6 comments:

  1. You have the blue-eyed cutie-pies and I have the brown-eyed cuties!! Crazy, huh?! You and your family all look great!!!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that video made me tear up. So sweet - Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Happy mama's Day, my good friend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't grandparents the best?! Wish my parents lived closer so that I could surprise my kiddos like that! How wonderful your parents must have felt when they walked through the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great day Steph! I will have to split the Captain Kirk for you if you don't have it already....I have the obsession too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOTHING better than that video:) Total sweetness, realized there was a HUGE smile on my face the whole time I was watching it. I really need to remember to video next time my parents arrive at the door. That was priceless!

    ReplyDelete