HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning Catastrophe

Have you ever had one of those mornings when your blow dryer just up and quit on you?  Or your curling iron stopped clamping?  And you were either late to work, or had a really bad hair day?  Something worse happened in my house this morning... my coffeemaker BROKE!  (You should have seen the look on Hadley's face when it happened - she was up on the counter helping me grind the beans when I opened the top and it just cracked right off!  Her stunned expression gave me the impression that she probably knows just how much I really need, um, like my coffee!)  I got to thinking, and decided that you know you are a real woman when the idea of a broken coffeemaker is far worse than any other stupid electronic device in your home.  Good thing Mother's Day is right around the corner... even Kyle, the healthy till it hurts guy, knows that I need my coffee :). 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my. That WOULD be a scary scary moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for Starbucks! I'm sipping mine right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I would be running to the store IMMEDIATELY. Oh, wait, shopping with kids is a ZERO on the fun scale - and typically results in poor purchasing decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sucks! If Mama isn't happy, nobody is happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, you should have called me to vent a little, I would have been gasping in horror right along with you!

    ReplyDelete