HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Wee

Kyle is in love with our 60 acres of land just outside of town. And he'll think up just about any excuse to go out there... making food plots for the deer with his tractor, planting 15,000 trees (no lie), feeding the deer, picking apples for pies (that I get to make), and hunting, hunting, hunting. But when he suggested going out to make some sledding trails for the girls, I had to admit, it did sound like a good use of his time out there!

We knew that our little scardey cat, Hadley, may not enjoy the sledding, so Kyle brought along a few marshmallow (bribes), and lit a fire at the top of the hill to roast them. It was pretty incredible out there with all of the snow covered trees, fading daylight over the valley, and a warm fire to sit around with our little family.

While Hadley did not enjoy her first trip down the hill with Daddy (it ended in a total face plant in the snow) we did manage to bribe her to try it again with me. She was still certain that she "Didn't like it" after that, but did try sliding down the hill on her own little butt later. Piper on the other hand, thought it was a blast, and kept saying "Wee, go, go, go!"
































































7 comments:

  1. I didn't know Hadley was scared of those things! James was scared of many of them, too. Sensitive little ears just like Hadley's. And he was scared of men with facial hair, masks,firemen, etc. He is much braver at almost 5... he even made it through a visit to the police station with just a *few* tears and lots of smiles at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Oops, that was supposed to be a response to your other post, that's what I get for trying to read and type while holding a baby on my lap. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, I'm petitioning Brett to move to Eau Claire!! So cute I just want to squeeze each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO adorable - what a fun family outting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times! It makes me want to go sledding!
    ~Laura E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MISS the snow, seriously.

    I love hearing your voices, thanks for taking the time to figure out how to post a video.

    I love the Anderson team! :)

    ReplyDelete