HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Scaredy Cat

Our Hadley is what you might call a scaredy cat.  But not always in the way that you or I might be.  For instance, she loves a good wiggly worm and watching the guts get cut out of a deer (totally yucko to me!).  But is scared to death of the noise a vacuum makes.  Last week while sick, I thought it might be fun for her to watch Sesame Street to relax a little bit... too scary!  In these instances, her tears come very quickly and she needs to be hugged a lot (pretty good deal for us!). I've been told, that I was a bit like that as a child (and Kyle is certain he never was, hehe). So that I can remind her of these cute things someday, and hopefully have a good laugh together, I made a little list...

Things that frighten Hadley at age 3 ~
Vacuums
Four wheelers
Tractors
Lawn mowers
Weed eaters
Snow blowers
Garbage cans being brought in (their noise, not the action)
Seasame Street
Milo & Otis movie
Firemen, especially with masks
Men with facial hair
Thunder
Jumping, barking, licking dogs
Santa (not the idea of his presents though)
Opening her mouth for the dentist

Things that do not frighten Hadley at age 3 ~
Worms
Frogs
Snakes
Caterpillars
Spiders
Deer guts
Deer blood
Taking fish oil (yuck!)
Jumping into a pool
Using a log to go to the bathroom at our land!


4 comments:

  1. I'm with Hadley on the dentist thing. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I better stay clean shavin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph! Cute blog! Your daughter's are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot about the lady who swallowed a fly!

    ReplyDelete