HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas at Home

It was a lovely Christmas at home! (Despite nearly all of us being a bit under the weather, and having to postpone our trip up North to be with Kyle's family - bummer!)  
Kyle had some great 'help' in the kitchen Christmas Eve!
Even though she had double pink eye (thankfully, her mild version of the flu/cold going around our house), Bryndel was one happy Christmas baby!
Christmas sister buddies!
I am not in any of the Christmas Eve pictures, as I was fighting off yet another bout of mastitis.  Kyle wanted me in the photo in my PJs with a thermometer in my mouth, but I refuse to subject anyone to that, ha!

Hadley modeling her very own legwarmers Christmas morning.
Piper proudly holding 'thee frog', Kermie.




















And the highlight of Christmas morning were these hilarious coaster cars that the girls drove all day in our unfinished basement! And if they weren't driving the cars, they were playing in the giant box they came in, ha!
Don't be alarmed if you drive by our house late at night, and see the basement lights on though, as Kyle & I may be just testing out the cars to make sure they are still working properly (they are SO much fun!).
We are reminded again & again, of how much we have to be thankful for during this season, and all the year long really.  Especially, as we celebrate the birth of Jesus. It is always a point of reflection for me, thinking back to all we've done in the past year, and as usual there are SO many moments I wish we could go back and do again in slow motion.  Like...lying on the beach with Kyle last winter, watching Hadley come out of Kindergarten on the first day all smiles, holding Piper's hand going into her Christmas program last week, seeing the big sisters meet Bryndel at the hospital, having Bryndel placed in my arms for the first time, seeing the life come back into Hadley's eyes after she'd been so sick with the flu and pneumonia, watching Piper adapt to Hadley being gone all day and Bryndel being here all day, and on & on. 

I know the New Year is supposed to be a time for resolutions and plans for the future, but I have fallen into that trap before, of wishing for the next great moment or the next great plan, when really it is NOW that is important. And if I don't take the time to appreciate it, I will miss it. So, here's to appreciating all that God has in store for us here and now, today. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls, beautiful post. Well said:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I hope you feel better soon!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend. :) SO sorry you were sick again- grrr, no fun! Hope the rest of your Christmas is better.

    P.S., I have a "new" blog: http://holdonhope-bethany.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete