HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Monday, February 8, 2010

1.5 Years Today!

Piper, is a year and a half today! 
 
She has grown quite a lot in those 18 months! 






















And has become pretty good at quite a lot of things too...

*sucking not one but both of her thumbs,
*bringing endless books to read (dinosaur/bear the best),
*eating/gobbling peas, or any food really,
*following Hadley around (hollering out "Hada"),
*doing whatever Hada commands her to do!,
*still trying to catch Benelli,
*still growing very tall (95%ile),
*growing her feet nearly as wide as they are long,
*talking up a storm (my speech therapist's heart a flutter),
*squealing when Daddy arrives home at night,
*chewing on anything she can get her hands on (my arm!),
*dancing with me in the playroom to Eric Hutchinson music,
*excitedly participating in Library storyhour with Hada,
*squishing playdoh into the carpet with her toes,
*painting her fingers instead of the paper,
*holding her own drippy popsicle,
*pooping in the tub (well, only once, but still gross!),
*counting (sans 7, and now 8),
*singing her version of the ABCs (only C,P,Q,W,Z, & me),
*SNUGGLING! 

The girl can snuggle! If you think the pea eating thing is impressive, her snuggling tops even that!  She could win medals in the sport of snuggling.  Anywhere, anytime, and with nearly anyone.  She just needs loving arms and her thumb.  Then again, she even attempts to snuggle animals found in books!  I'd like to believe that her favorite place to snuggle is on my shoulder, but I'm sure there are a few Grandmas and Aunties out there (and maybe even Benelli) who believe they've got the coveted spot. 

We love you, Piper, and cannot imagine our life without your sweet crinkly squinty smile, squealing laugh, twinkling bright blue eyes, curly haphazard blond locks, and every one of your snuggles.  Before you were born, I wondered how on earth I would ever love another as I loved your big sister.  But the very moment your tiny body was placed into my arms, my heart did not split as thought it had to do, but grew instead to at least twice its size.  Another one of God's amazing miracles.   
















This picture gets me every time - it is on they day they met, and it could not be any sweeter.  Lucky am I.

3 comments:

  1. aahhhh, the last picture really gets me too, makes my eyes water actually. How amazing they both are. We really are the luckiest moms in the world. Look how happy Hadley looks and what a delight Piper has been, watching her grow. I just love them both. Great post Steph. I love all the things that Piper can do, what a smarty-pants she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet! You have such beautiful girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Steph~ your little one sounds like quite the smarty :)

    ReplyDelete