HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

While Mom Was Away...

Upon returning from my trip down South, my girlfriends were all quick to ask not how my trip was, but how Kyle did with the girls! Good question, as he has probably been in charge of both girls (by himself) for half a day at most, and never over night.  But, I am here to report that all 3 did very well indeed!  In fact, when I asked Hadley on Monday if she had missed me while I was gone, her response was, "I had Daddy, Mom, so I didn't miss you at all."  To which I wasn't really very sad, but instead glad that it had obviously gone so well.  Piper on the other hand, has told me many times since my return, "Hap, Mama, home" (hap, being happy, as she uses her sign with it too).  Phew, somebody noticed I was gone!

Kyle began the weekend by making Hadley's favorite deviled eggs/egg sald with their help!  What an ambitious Dad!















Time out for a little muscle flexing - very nice, Piper Lu!

















The following day, he tried his hand at baking (healthy cookies, mind you, with almond flour and agave sweetner!), but this time was met with some opposition from the littlest sister.  According to a text Kyle sent me during that morning, "Cannot put the little fusser down!"  Hehe! 




























They hit the children's museum that afternoon (after what appears to have been a very educational lunch - again, very impressed with my husband!).  And on Sunday they ventured out into the 30 degree snow.  Where they were happily joined by a couple neighborhood friends and their dad as well!  




























I was greeted with the biggest of hugs and warmest of smiles Sunday night from two very happy little girls.  I knew Kyle would do well, but he really did impress me.  It all went so well, I'm thinking that I just might have to try it again sometime soon... don't you think?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think you should do it again. I know the perfect place you can visit ;)

    ReplyDelete