HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Counting

I distinctly remember teaching Hadley how to count. We had these little teeny tiny tubs of play-doh that winter that happened to number to 10, and she had to listen to me count them several times every day for a while. The poor first born child being 'helicoptered' by her own first born mother - For the love! So, you can imagine my surprise when I asked Piper last night how many bracelets she had, and she preceded to count to 10 (well, all but number 7, but who needs that lucky number anyway)!!! Being the typical baby of the family, Piper has seen her fair share of hand-me-downs, used/spit up on/chewed on toys, ripped/torn books, and only half of mom's attention and lap most days. But somehow, in the midst of all that shared love, she was paying attention to her big sister and me, and learned how to count to 10 all on her own :). I know, nothing genious, but a really good laugh for me - the first born, scheduled, olga the organizer mom who didn't even get to teaching her counting yet!

1 comment:

  1. no way! she is genious! can you teach Grant too :) Joel still won't count for me... I know he can do it, but only because I've secretly heard him, if I ask him to count with me or for me, he WILL not. Not willing to give me an ounce of satisfaction, darn stinker ! Love Piper!

    ReplyDelete