HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Things that might make a mom crazy...

Most, if not all, of my days as a mom are absolutely lovely! But, there are a few things that maybe, sort of, make me CRAZY!!! Maybe you can relate?


10) Trying to help a 3 year old get gloves on; how many pointer fingers do they have exactly?


9) Putting pigtails in a squirming 1 year old so she can actually see past all of that curly hair.


8) Making dinner while the 3 year old is hollering to be wiped on the toliet, and the 1 year old has a death grip on the space between your legs, while crying.


7) Drinking cold coffee or even scorched on some days, when it has been sitting FOREVER in the cup/pot just begging to be drank!


6) Trying to teach a child to actually blow the snot out of their nose, inevitably wasting hundreds of tissues.


5) Opening the washer to find those hundreds of tissues, from my unemptied pockets, spewn across every piece of clean laundry.


4) The stupid super strength velcro on bibs that always manages to find my favorite sweater or shirt to adhere to in the dryer.


3) Drive by 'snot-ings' (when one of the kids walks/crawls a little too close, and leaves a huge smear of snot across my clothes) always on the days that I actually have real clothes and not mom wear on - a.k.a. yoga/pajama pants.


2) Getting woken up at 3 a.m. to remove the imaginary animals from the 3 year old's bed.


1) Being a hunter's widow with two small children over a long, cold, windy, rainy opening hunting weekend when they each have the sniffles (refer back to # 6, and #5, and definitely #3)!


Ha! You know I love them and this crazy thing called motherhood, but they do make me laugh a lot, and maybe, just maybe, I get a little crazy sometimes too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have so done #5 and it is SO frustrating!! And, re: #7: just this weekend I warmed up my coffee FIVE times in the microwave before I actually got to drink it. Tee hee. :)
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - drive by snot-ings. Noah does both to us and the furniture. GROSS.

    ReplyDelete