HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

The girls had a grand time wearing their costumes this year!  Both were truly tickled to be in their wild animal gear.  We were also joined by our good friends Mandi and Randy's little guy, Blake.  He was a darling addition to our brood that night.
Hadley B the panda bear! A special thanks to my mom (and my brother, Michael) as the head and paws are circa 1987ish, made lovingly by my mother for an 8 year old panda fanatic!







































Piper Lu the lion! 





































So, you wonder, what happens to the candy at the Anderson house?  What a great question, as you all know that my husband is what we lovingly call the health food guru (aka the food nazi, ha) around here.  It just so happens that we went to a new dentist last week, and they sponsored a special Halloween event last night.  Bring in all of your candy, and for each pound your child can get a dollar. The candy is then shipped over to our hardworking troops in Iraq!  (Don't worry, we did let Hadley try two pieces on Halloween night, and even Piper tried a bit of a lollipop.)  Hadley was thrilled with the two dollars she earned at the dentist (I'm sure she's dreaming of how many plums that will buy her.  For the love!)  But our exciting news came this morning.  The girl's names were entered in a few drawings at the dentist office, and Piper won a brand new bike!  One that will take even Hadley a couple years to grow into, but she is SO excited! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog!! Ok, I'll be the first to admit - I have wondered what you did with the girls candy! What a great thing that dentist does. And a bike - WooHoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. funny, my mom actually asked me what you do with your candy. of course, I lied and told her you let them eat as much as they want on Halloween, just to make myself feel better :)

    The girls are adorable in their costumes, perfect little animal angels I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, wondered where the candy went. Great idea the dentist has! The kids will remember it, especially with the bike. Fun!

    ReplyDelete