HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Conversations

Just some random conversations at our house recently.

HOBBIES~

Somehow the topic of hobbies came up at dinner the other night.  It was just the 4 of us girls, as Kyle was working late at the office. 

Hadley: I know Daddy's favorite hobby is hunting, Mom, but what do you think are mine?
Me: Hmmm, you like to run, play outside, dance, and craft.
Hadley: Yes, I do!
Piper: How bout me, Mom?
Me: You like to run, jump, play with animals, and play kick ball.
Piper: Yah! 
Me: What do you guys think my favorite hobbies are?
Hadley: (With excitement in her voice,) Folding laundry!
Piper: Making supper and taking care of Bryndel!  Oh, and sewing!
Me: (Silently trying not to laugh, or snort rather!)  You are right, I do like all of those things, but I think my hobbies might be taking pictures or gardening. 
Girls:  Ohhhh. 

EASTER~

Piper and I were reading her Bible one afternoon before naps, and had a little discussion about Easter.

Piper:  Mom, Jesus is full of miracles. Kind of like full of beans, but He's full of miracles!
Me:  Soon we'll get to go to Grandma & Grandpa's to celebrate Easter!
Piper: Oh, yah! When do we get to go?
Me: In a couple weeks, we'll go on Good Friday.
Piper: What's Good Friday, Mom?
Me: The day Jesus was hung on the cross.  The day he died for us.
Piper:  (Very seriously) It should be called Bad Friday then, Mom.

TOOTHBRUSHING~

I came upstairs to check on them the other morning, and found Hadley standing on the toothpaste tube to get the last bits onto her toothbrush. She got just a 'little' bit on the floor!  And Piper was at the sink looking very proud...

Piper: I cleaned the sink out for you, Mom! I used my toothbrush to scrub it.

ACK!

Can't wait for Bryndel to join in some day soon. 

3 comments:

  1. These made my day:) LOVE your hobbies according to them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love the way kids perceive us! They think what we call motherly duties our hobbies! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete