HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

This Week in Notes

The girls got an easel for Christmas, and have really been enjoying their artistic side while painting.  Underneath the paper, however, is a dry erase & chalkboard, which has morphed into this FUN new game of writing notes back and forth to one another! 
It all started the night Kyle was gone to watch the Packer game.  "I missed you Dad. Love Hadley"   I think it goes without saying, that he felt pretty special when he got home late that night ( despite the outcome of the game!).
Piper did not want to miss out on the action, and left me a note (with Kyle's help) the following morning while I was out running errands"I love to go shopping with Mom. I love (you) Piper"






This note might be my favorite, as I love how Hadley used her knowledge of the ending of her own name (ley) and applied it to 'family.'  "I love my family"

Piper was quick to insist on writing a note to Hadley while she was back at school on Monday.  Note the alternating pink & purple, Hadley's favorite colors.  "I missed you Hadley. Love Piper"











A note to me upon the return from school one afternoon this week. "I missed you Mom while I was at school"
Hadley's note to Kyle one evening this week. "I had a cheese burger for hot lunch today Dad."
And her note to me this morning. "Mom I love you. Love Hadley"



















I am not sure who's having more fun, them or us!  And the 'cool' part is that they don't even realize how much they are learning about reading, writing, and spelling because its just a game to them :)  We are looking forward to many more notes. 

2 comments: