HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hanging On

I feel like our clocks have been ticking a bit more loudly lately.  It may have something to do with a newborn making an appearance in less than 3 months, but I think the real reason for the seemingly rushing sense of time, is knowing that Hadley will be heading off to Kindergarten soon.  I want nothing more than to scoop up each hilarious, or tender, or even crabby moment and hang on to it with ALL I've got. Because I know, when this fall rolls around, things will never be the same.  No more always happy-in-the-morning Hadley, no more crazy made up games that Piper has to/gets to follow, no more bare feet skipping across the playroom floor (Piper always wears socks), no more requests for extra broccoli or cabbage at lunch (like Piper would eat those), and no more shared laughter between sisters who are inseperably sweet best buddies. 

Seasoned parents are always telling you to enjoy it while you can, because it will pass in an instant, but I didn't ever really know what it was they were talking about. I get it now.  And for me, it will be watching two sisters split from what they have come to know & love... spending each & every day playing, and laughing, and arguing, but loving one other like no one else can.  I know that it is not over, per say, as they will still have this summer and then their evenings and weekends together.  But I am also not naive enough to think that their friendship won't hit a few bumps now and then, and will ultimately change its structure.  Change is always inevitable, and most often it is good.  Its just making the change that is tough, and I already feel it for them.  

As I use up yet another box of Kleenex thinking about all of these amazing albeit scary changes, I will finish with one of my favorite pictures of them lately, in addition to trying to remember a few of the funny things they've said to me as of late. 
Just finished up breakfast, and decided the old umbrella stroller might be fun to push each other around in.  Nothing but giggles in their pjs for at least an hour as I happily cleaned up the kitchen and watched from afar.








Piper:  "There isn't room for that Hadley, its cramjam in here!"

Hadley: "Ooo, I smell cow poop, Daddy.  I love how farms smell, ahhh."

Piper: "Can I smooch him in your tummy, Mama?"

Hadley: "I want to smooch her in your tummy, Mama!"

Piper: "Kermit is my friend, Hadley, so I will make choices for him!"

Hadley: "You scared me so much, Daddy, you shook my bones, and now they hurt!"

Piper: "I can do it by myself, Mom, I'm true"

Hadley: "Whoa, Mom, your tummy is really bumping out now!  It got bigger while you were sleeping last night!"

Piper: "We were only in the neighbor's yard because Had's buck was there, Mom.  We had to drag it out.  Its an 11 pointer."
Hadley: "No, it was a 150 pointer, Pipe!"

Piper: "Its okay to toot when you are hunting, Mama, cause it just sounds like a buck grunt."

No comments:

Post a Comment