HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Busy Preparing

We have been busy preparing to celebrate Jesus's birthday with my family, Kyle's family, and our little four person family as well.  We've done a little baking, because nothing seems to remind me more of my childhood Christmas than decorating sugar cookies with sprinkles.  I don't remember my mom washing the floors six times once we were done, but I am sure she did :) Thanks, Mom! 

Santa made a quick stop to get adjusted at Kyle's office, and the girls were almost brave enough to stand by him themselves.
From there we skipped on over to a special Christmas surprise, and took the girls to their first play!  A darling, kid acted, 'Winnie the Pooh's Christmas Tale.'
And amidst the wrapping, making more ornaments for the tree, and singing 'Away in the Manger' & 'Angels We Have Heard On High" over and over again (both songs are in Hadley's Christmas program tomorrow!), the girls really really wanted to make these gumdrop figures they saw in one of my magazines.  I am not sure which part was the most fun - watching their eyes light up in the candy store, putting the little 'guys' together, or eating the remaining pieces!

















No comments:

Post a Comment