HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Target Field

I finally made it out to Target Field to catch a Twins game!  I have been itching to get there, and the opportunity (aka - I finally got my hands on a ticket!) to attend a game finally arose.  My sweet little brother, Nathan, invited me to meet him there Tuesday night and use one of his partial season tickets.  I'm not sure which part was more exciting - being at Target Field for the first time or having an entire evening with my brother!  And what a night for baseball...60 degrees and clear skies.  To top it off the Twins ran into extra innings and pulled out a very impressive win in the 10th bringing them slightly closer to .500. 






























Target Field was all that I had expected and more. Incredible atmosphere, great visibility, huge variety of food & beverages, and NO echoing!  Strangely reminiscent of the few ball games I attended out at Fenway with Nathan in Boston (minus the Green Monstah).  I think the only thing that I truly missed from the Dome was the nostalgia of looking around and remembering the dozens and dozens of ballgames we attended as a family when I was a kid.  To look up over 3rd base and picture where my dad and I waved our Homer Hankies during Game 2 of the 1991 World Series against the Braves.  Or even look out at the first row of seats on the corner of left field where Michael, Nathan, Kyle & I cheered the Twins on during Game 1 of the 2002 play-offs against the A's.  Memories aside, I'd take the dreamy outdoor feel of Target Field any day.  I was, however, a little surprised to leave the game Tuesday night and not get slammed out the door by a gigantic gush of air?  Surprised yes, but displeased, probably not.  Thanks for the awesome night, Nathan!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you finally made it for a game!! We will always have those Dome memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great brother, how fun for the two of you to spend some time together. Loved reading your memories too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, what a sweet little brother:)

    ReplyDelete