HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

We Are On Our Way

Well, we are on our way to becoming a diaper-free household!  I say 'On Our Way' for two reasons: First, as not to jinx us (haha), but Secondly, because potty training is a bit 'tricky-bicky' as Piper so nicely put it.    

Planning is everything, right?  So, Kyle & Hadley took a special trip up North this weekend to work on some deerstand repairs before the big hunt over Thanksgiving. Specifically leaving Piper & me alone so we could spend quality time with the 'big-kid underwear.'

Saturday morning dawned hopeful, as my 'Go Potty in the Chair, and NOT in Your Underwear' Boot Camp began.  Piper was a champ during the morning, guzzling green bug juice (and no, we do not actually eat bugs at our house to stay healthy, but I had you all thinking...) and miraculously making it to the potty 6 times before naptime all the while still wearing a sparkly pair of puppy underwear.  Mind you, we did read 63 books (The Little Engine that Could twice!) and played 3 board games over the course of the morning, but it was a great morning and Piper could not have been any cuter.  I may have even been feeling a little bit proud of us...  

Ummm, after naps was not so much a success.  At all.  It was time to tackle number two.  And let's just say, the afternoon smelled a lot like poop.  I could hardly wait until dinner was done to get her into the bathtub. Yes, because her little butt and legs had seen some carnage during the day, but mostly because I just wanted a break from having to so closely watch her little face for any expression of a push or a grunt.  How terrible!  

We both got a fitful night of sleep, but awoke early this morning.  Who scheduled Dailylight-Savings Time over my Potty Boot Camp anyway?  It was a morning of false alarms. I honestly think we visited the potty upwards of 150 times before lunch. Poor Piper; not wanting to get her precious big-kid underwear wet but ultimately still really needing to poop.  It did finally happen right before lunch, and I swear I pulled a muscle in my stomach because I jumped so high!  The look on her face was of complete surprise, but was quickly followed by a request for an M&M.  I would have given her the whole dang bag had she asked.  

So onward we trudge.  In my perfect little daydreamy scenarios, the Boot Camp would end today with Kyle & Hadley's return.  And the only evidence of the weekend would be extra little tiny pairs of underwear in my laundry basket each day. But I know that learning to go potty in the chair and not in your underwear, really can be a little tricky-bicky at times. 

(She's on the potty in this picture!)
  

4 comments:

  1. GO Piper! Go Mama! :) And 63 books? You are amazing, Stephanie. Love it. :)

    P.S. I cried when James pooped in the potty the first time. Real tears of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Piper! and Stephanie, you are one amazing Mama :) What will you do without diapers in your house?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can Piper come over and help Blake? Good job, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to stick my tongue out at you!!!! I am jealous! Great job! Laura E

    ReplyDelete