HADLEY, PIPER, and BRYNDEL

Sisters, friends, blessed.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dr. Graham

















I could not have been more excited or more proud of my little brother this past weekend,  as I had the great honor and pleasure of watching him become a doctor!  I can remember him dreaming of becoming an eye doctor even when he was only 8 years old!  Nathan has been out in Boston for the past 4 years studying away at the New England College of Optometry, and after much hard work, determination, perserverance, and a whole lot of prayer he can now be called Dr. Graham!  It was quite the weekend to say the least.  It began with a fantastic congratulatory party put on by his school.  Nathan can be seen with all 15 of his groupies (aka his adoring family) above just outside the four mansions that make up his incredibly historic school.  Inside those doors we were treated to endless hors d'oeuvres (of which he certainly paid for with his exorbitant tuition!). Mom and I can be seen below doing our best to taste nearly all of the desserts.  Quality control, somebody had to do it!
 
Afterwards we took a leisurely walk down Marlborough Street to admire the incredible brownstones and quaint indivdual sidewalk gardens. We somehow found our way right to the bridge where Nathan & Heidi were engaged 2.5 years ago in the Boston Public Garden.
















His official graduation was the following morning. We awoke to a day full of sunshine and promise with just a touch of a charateristic Boston breeze (you can see just how gorgeous it was in the picture below with my dad).


















































The following day we had time to explore the city, and we started by heading out to the JFK Library.  Unbeknownst to us, it would have been JFK's 93rd birthday that very day so we were treated to 93 cent clam chowder, ice cream, and free birthday cake.  The museum was fascinating, and the view of the ocean incredible.  The darling older couple with my mom & dad and me, is my grandpa Jerry & grandma Joan.  They were such troopers trucking it all of over the city! It was really special to have had the opportunity to travel with them and spend such an important weekend together.  We spent the afternoon deep in the Boston Fine Arts Musuem where we were baffled by ancient Egyptian remains, eccentric collections of old musical instruments, and my personal favorite... several Monet paintings!

















A weekend spent in Boston is not complete unless you take in a Sox game.  (I was told that only tourists say Red Sox, of which I had already said several times prior to knowing that!)  Had Kyle been able to join me, it would have been the perfect trip.  Time spent with my parents & grandparents, getting to know Heidi's awesome family, and watching my little brother become a doctor... just priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment